Just One More Stitch

Just One More Stitch or get to work on time. I really want to finish this project. What is a stitcher to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kevin was in a car accident - Rachelle came home for a visit - I have lost my mind

Kevin was a passager in a car driven by a friend. There were four guys in the car and they were on their way to a White Sox game last Monday. They were on Cline Avenue and the road was wet. The driver lost control of the car and hit the cement divider. The car bounced off of the cement divider and hit the steel guardrail. The car then flipped on the drivers side. The car went down the road on it's side and then hit the cement divider and went back and hit the steel guardrail. It then righted itself. Had the guardrail not held they would have plumeted down onto another street. They all walked away with minor injuries. The drivers shoulder popped out and he had surgery the next day. He is now at home and on the mend. Kevin had a bruised neck and his back was hurting him. He goes back to work tomorrow. In the midst of all of this Rachelle decides to come home for two days. We had to go and pick her up at the airport Saturday morning. With out of the flooding we had a hard time getting to O'hare Airport. Tomorrow morning she is taking the bus back to the airport. She got to visit with her friends and I am sure she will go back feeling better. I need a padded room and lots of meds. In my stitching world I have been working on my Big Toe Designs pattern and am moving right along. I am having trouble posting pictures right now, but as soon as think quiet down I will put more work into getting this done. I am wondering if my world will ever quiet down. I really need peace in my life right now. Does having children mean you will never be able to have peace???????????????????

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Glad to hear that everyone in the car was okay...that sounds like a nasty accident.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Whew, it could have been worse. How frighteneing. Nice of your daughter to visit -- our daughter visits the 2nd week-end in October {I think}

Yes, having children means there will never ever be a peaceful moment.

I always thought, 'you know, they will grow up', "they will get older", HAH!!

Yesterday, Nicholas had four wisdom teeth removed. Funness.

ENjoy the day Tina ...

8:06 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Dear Martina,
I feel bad because I didn't post something here before now. I did read your post, but anything I wanted to say seemed totally inadequate. I do hope you are starting to feel back to normal now; I miss seeing the updates on your stitching projects.
Hugs,
Gina in Oz.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Moonsilk Stitches said...

Hi, Tina: this is Marjorie Holme from NANI guild. I'm glad everything turned out okay during your hectic August.

We're hoping to include a list of NANI members' blogs (and former members) in an upcoming newsletter and would like to include yours. May I have your permission? Thanks, Marjorie (holme9@gmail.com, http://moonsilk-stitches.blogspot.com/)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Milly~ said...

What a scary ordeal for Kevin and his friends. Glad nobody was seriously injured.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home